Thumbplay, purveyor of fine mobile-entertainment downloads (ringtones, games, videos, etc. etc.) is looking to get a little outside help from Flash developers. They’re having a Thumbplay Widget Festival in conjunction with Flashforward2007 being held in Boston on September 19-21, 2007, and are looking for someone to create the ultimate Flash-based widget to help pimp their mobile-content selection.
Just “dream up, build and submit” your best widgets (totally don’t send them your crappy ones) or any other set of tools that use the entire Thumbplay catalog. Registering alone gets you an early look at Thumbplay’s Developer Program and access to Thumbplay’s entire library of content.
A brief summary of the contest ins and outs after the jump.
– All registered developers will receive a $100-off discount code for any 3-day pass to Flashforward2007 Boston
– Thumbplay will be accepting submissions from August 8 until 5:00 PM EDT on August 31, 2007 (up to three submissions per registrant will be accepted)
– A panel of judges will review all widget submissions and notify the winners on or about Thursday, September 6, 2007
– Five (5) “Honorable Widgets” will be named and honored at Flashforward2007 on Wednesday, September 19th
– One (1) “Best in Widget” will receive FREE travel and lodging for Flashforward2007, and will be honored at the conference on Wednesday, September 19th
More information about the Thumbplay Widget Festival and complete registration details can be found here.